Gambling is taking on a new flavor – daily fantasy sports (DFS) betting. It’s the latest trend sweeping the nation, and there is really big money on the line. According to some analysts, entry fees in daily fantasy sports will total $18 billion by 2020. Proponents of legalizing DFS gambling are trying to skirt the law altogether by seeking to define it in state statutes as a game of skill rather than a game of chance. One such proposal (AB...
Below is a letter to the editor written by Tim Johnson of Beloit. Letters to the editors are very effective ways to let members of your community and elected officials know that there is opposition to the expansion of gambling and casinos in Wisconsin as well as an opportunity to educate why people they should oppose casinos in their communities. There are many other ways to help (click here for more opportunities) Please join our efforts to help stop the...
- Bristol Village Board Attempts to Railroad Casino Land Deal
- Legal Review of Bristol Hard Rock Casino Letter or Intent
- Potential for another Kenosha casino proposal could be in the works
- BRISTOL RESIDENTS: SLOW DOWN CASINO LAND DEAL
- Hard Rock may be rolling the dice again on financing and running a Kenosha casino