Below are three sample letters to Governor Evers, urging him to reject the Ho Chunk fee-to-trust application for the Beloit Casino.
- Handwritten letters get the most attention from elected officials. Please handwrite your letter and envelope.
- Feel free to use any language from below or information from our Beloit Casino info page.
- You can tell a story about how gambling has negatively impacted you and/or a loved one; or personalize your letter in some other manner.
- Letters do not need to be long, just a few paragraphs. Please be sure that your letters include all 3 of the following: use a subject line like the one in the sample letters below; specifically request the Governor to reject the Ho Chunk application for the off-reservation casino; and list at least one reason he should not approve the application.
- Be sure to take a picture of your letter before you drop it in the mail.
Please be sure to send a picture of your letter to Lorri at Citizens Against Expanded Gambling via text or email. We will print and compile the letters so that Governor Evers cannot claim that he did not hear opposition from citizens regarding this issue.
Snap a picture with your phone and text it to Lorri Pickens: 920-659-4489
Snap a picture with your phone and email to Lorri: firstname.lastname@example.org