A Brief History of Gambling in Wisconsin Wisconsin’s legalized gambling began with the State sponsored lottery and the Legislature’s approval of dog racing. Soon afterward, the state’s Native American Tribes, which had been operating high stakes bingo parlors, entered casino gaming, having won federal government approval in the courts after Congress passed the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act. Gambling flourished, growing exponentially through the 1990s. No one has more than a two hour drive to get to one of Wisconsin’s 22...
LEGISLATIVE MEMORANDUM To: Members, Wisconsin State Senate and Assembly From: Julaine K. Appling, President, Wisconsin Family Action Lorri Pickens, Executive Director, Citizens Against Expanded Gambling Date: September 11, 2017 Re: LRB 2122 – Daily Fantasy Sports Registry, relating to: registration of fantasy contest operators, requiring the exercise of rule-making authority, and providing a penalty ______________________________________________________________________ We are writing to urge you to not co-sponsor LRB...
- Bristol Village Board Attempts to Railroad Casino Land Deal
- Legal Review of Bristol Hard Rock Casino Letter or Intent
- Potential for another Kenosha casino proposal could be in the works
- BRISTOL RESIDENTS: SLOW DOWN CASINO LAND DEAL
- Hard Rock may be rolling the dice again on financing and running a Kenosha casino