WHO WE ARE
Citizens Against Expanded Gambling is a statewide group of concerned citizens, employers and community leaders who oppose the expansion of gambling in Wisconsin.
Founded in 2015, Citizens Against Expanding Gambling (CAEG) is the only organization exclusively dedicated to lobbying against the expansion of gambling in Wisconsin.
Studies continue to show that gambling promotes an increase in crime, contributes to the destruction of families, comes with some sizeable costs to taxpayers and increases the number of compulsive and problem gamblers without additional dollars dedicated to treatment.
Gambling is a zero-sum game. It creates no new wealth. Its business model depends on players playing to extinction. The state is a complicit business partner in the industry. In order for the government to win, its citizens must lose.
OUR GOALS ARE TO:
- Keep money in the hands of working people
- Stop the growth of government-sanctioned gambling
- Educate the public about the dangers of gambling
- Advocate for the best interest of Wisconsin citizens
- Oppose policies that expand gambling and put citizens at greater risk of addiction
- Support communities confronting off-reservation casinos
- Stop the expansion of predatory gambling
- Run local and statewide campaigns to educate public officials
- Foster relationships with legislators and stake holders who support our position
EXPANDING GAMBLING IS A BAD BET FOR WISCONSIN
Wisconsin faces a number of well-financed special interests who want to expand gambling. There are currently two proposed off-reservation casinos seeking approval from the Federal Bureau of Indian Affairs, despite the fact that no person has more than a 2- hour drive to the nearest casino. The Governor has the final say on casino expansion in the state. Efforts to legalize Daily Fantasy Sports continue in the legislature and if passed, will represent the largest expansion of gambling in state history.
Gambling is a zero-sum game. It creates no new wealth. Its business model depends on players playing to extinction. Worst yet, the state is a complicit business partner in the industry. For the government to win, its citizens must lose.
Informational events are hosted year around across Wisconsin. Click here to find an upcoming event near you. Dates are added 1 – 2 months in advance of event.
Contact Lorri Pickens for more information.
Citizens Against Expanding Gambling, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) organization for purposes of the IRS, which means the federal government and the IRS do not allow gifts and contributions to CAEG to be tax deductible.