A must read – keen insight to the gambling industry. The winners are the operators and government at the expense of the citizens. By Jason Grotto / Pro Publica Illinois Owners of one of Illinois’ largest video gambling companies are behind efforts to influence city politics, expand gambling and build a casino near land they control. The first and only official truck stop in Waukegan sits on a lot so small that a tractor-trailer would have a hard time pulling...
Iowans are at a greater risk for gambling problems, according to a recent study by the Iowa Department of Public Health. The study 315,000 of the 1.7 million (13.6%) adult Iowans who gambled over 12 months are classified as “at-risk” for gambling problems. The study’s companion document, “Sports Betting and Fantasy Sports,” found 23% of Iowans who bet on sports or played fantasy sports were classified as at-risk gamblers. https://www.kcci.com/article/report-gambling-on-the-rise-in-iowa-problem-gambling-worsens/28658698#
- Bristol Village Board Attempts to Railroad Casino Land Deal
- Legal Review of Bristol Hard Rock Casino Letter or Intent
- Potential for another Kenosha casino proposal could be in the works
- BRISTOL RESIDENTS: SLOW DOWN CASINO LAND DEAL
- Hard Rock may be rolling the dice again on financing and running a Kenosha casino