Casino.org, January 29, 2021 Philip Conneller Minnesota’s sports betting bill arrived at the legislature in Saint Paul Thursday, as had been widely anticipated. The bipartisan legislation would legalize sports books in the North Star State, initially in the land-based casinos and racetracks. Then it would eventually move online, but through those casinos only. The bill was introduced by State Sen. Karla Bigham (D-Cottage Grove) and State Rep. Pat Garofalo (R-Farmington). They told local ABC affiliate WDIO Thursday that...
In leading Indian Country’s pandemic recovery, Secretary Haaland has an opportunity to shape a new era of federal Indian policy
Before the pandemic, Indian Country’s economy was on the rise – tribal nations collectively were the 13th largest employer in the United States, powered by steady growth of tribal government gaming revenue. In the past three decades, overall per capita income of Native people on reservations had increased 48%, from tragically low poverty rates. For tribes, a skilled and trained workforce is required to compete economically. For individuals, education is the gateway to financial stability and economic mobility. For the...
- Bristol Village Board Attempts to Railroad Casino Land Deal
- Legal Review of Bristol Hard Rock Casino Letter or Intent
- Potential for another Kenosha casino proposal could be in the works
- BRISTOL RESIDENTS: SLOW DOWN CASINO LAND DEAL
- Hard Rock may be rolling the dice again on financing and running a Kenosha casino