David Cranford pastors First Baptist Church in nearby Ponchatoula, and he was president of the Louisiana Baptist Convention when that group went up against powerful political operatives backing the gambling legislation. “We live in a state that is itself addicted to gambling,” he said, “and what I mean by that is the state of Louisiana is addicted to gambling revenue, and they will do anything to see gambling expand.” Read more here.
Longitudinal Assessment of a Manualized Group Treatment Program for Gambling Disorder: The Ohio Problem Gambling Treatment Model for Adults with Co-Occurring Disorders
Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services developed a group-based GD treatment manual for adults with co-occurring disorders. Over the course of 5 years, 353 individuals engaged in at least some of the manual’s 12 weekly modules, and more than one-third (n = 122) completed the entire curriculum. Read more…
- Bristol Village Board Attempts to Railroad Casino Land Deal
- Legal Review of Bristol Hard Rock Casino Letter or Intent
- Potential for another Kenosha casino proposal could be in the works
- BRISTOL RESIDENTS: SLOW DOWN CASINO LAND DEAL
- Hard Rock may be rolling the dice again on financing and running a Kenosha casino