BELOIT, Wis. (WIFR) -- The city of Beloit is seeing opposition to the Ho-Chunk Casino and resort development after a group of community members addressed concerns about the project. The 11th Hour Beloit Casino Group addressed the timeline of the casino's development and suggested community members have a referendum to determine the amount of interest the community has in the project. https://www.wifr.com/content/news/Beloit-group-holds-meeting-in-opposition-of-casino-project-504413261.html Our Views: Beloit won't be getting rich quick Has the proliferation of casinos made gambling more acceptable, or...
- Ho-Chunk receives approval for Beloit casino (UPDATE)
- Beloit Group Holds Meeting in Opposition of Casino Project
- Revealed: Betting firms were granted access to database of 28 MILLION children and used it to boost number of young gamblers by up to 15% in one of Britain’s biggest ever data breaches
- “Given the minor contribution of gambling revenues to state budgets, officials might be better advised to rely on broad-based revenues and spending controls rather than the relatively paltry revenues from legal gambling.”
- IGT’s Charles Cohen: ‘2020 will be the year of tribal sports betting’