BELOIT, Wis. (WIFR) -- The city of Beloit is seeing opposition to the Ho-Chunk Casino and resort development after a group of community members addressed concerns about the project. The 11th Hour Beloit Casino Group addressed the timeline of the casino's development and suggested community members have a referendum to determine the amount of interest the community has in the project. https://www.wifr.com/content/news/Beloit-group-holds-meeting-in-opposition-of-casino-project-504413261.html Our Views: Beloit won't be getting rich quick Has the proliferation of casinos made gambling more acceptable, or...
- Beloit Group Holds Meeting in Opposition of Casino Project
- Revealed: Betting firms were granted access to database of 28 MILLION children and used it to boost number of young gamblers by up to 15% in one of Britain’s biggest ever data breaches
- “Given the minor contribution of gambling revenues to state budgets, officials might be better advised to rely on broad-based revenues and spending controls rather than the relatively paltry revenues from legal gambling.”
- IGT’s Charles Cohen: ‘2020 will be the year of tribal sports betting’
- Sports betting’s rapid expansion faces more tests in 2020
Join Citizens Against Expanded Gambling and Wisconsin Family Council for dinner and to learn more about how you can help stop proposals to expand gambling in Wisconsin. The event is free, but you must register to attend. Register here!
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Green Bay Pizza Ranch
2206 Main Street